Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Buick will launch the Electra E5 in the U.S in time for MY2024. This Chinese-market model gives us an early look at what to expected come mid-late 2023.

· Registered
44 Posts
I don't know if the dimensions for the Equinox have been stated, but this pretty much gives us an idea.
"The five-seat crossover's dimensions have been given as 192.6 inches long, 75 inches wide, and 66.2 inches tall, on a wheelbase 116.3 inches long. That size puts it on the same wheelbase as the coming 2024 Chevrolet Equinox EV, with a length about two inches longer. The base wheels measure 18 inches"...

· Registered
287 Posts
This is what I found for the Equinox EV’s dimensions:

Chevrolet Equinox EV
Wheelbase116.3 in (2,954 mm)
Length190.4 in (4,836 mm)
Width75.4 in (1,915 mm)
Height63.5 in (1,613 mm)

It also has a spacious cabin, with numerous storage solutions from front to rear, as well as up to 57 cubic feet (1,614 liters) of max cargo room12, with the rear seat folded.

· Administrator
585 Posts
According to one site the Blazer EV is 191.4 inches long 76.7 inches wide, and 67 inches high.
The Buick EV at 192.6 inches long, 75 inches wide, and 66.2 inches high seems roughly Blazer sized.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a reservation for a Blazer..but would prefer this Buick to the Blazer. I have a Buick TourX(my first Buick) and it has been great. Buick seems to be a decent upgrade from Chevy in terms of ride and noise. I also prefer the Electra styling

· Administrator
585 Posts
I have a reservation for a Blazer..but would prefer this Buick to the Blazer. I have a Buick TourX(my first Buick) and it has been great. Buick seems to be a decent upgrade from Chevy in terms of ride and noise. I also prefer the Electra styling
Proving once again that having EV's across all brands and all model segments is a good plan by GM. Others will do this to of course, but GM may have an early head start, especially if you think having a standard Ultium platform for batteries, motors, software will be beneficial for cost and repair. I do.

· Registered
215 Posts
Proving once again that having EV's across all brands and all model segments is a good plan by GM. Others will do this to of course, but GM may have an early head start, especially if you think having a standard Ultium platform for batteries, motors, software will be beneficial for cost and repair. I do.
Yep. Sharing a platform isn't a new thing... It has been this way with ICE vehicles for a while now.

GM were the first to actually commit to EVs, so they implemented first. The rest just made one-offs to test the waters, and now they'll have to either start throwing tons of money on R&D, or keep doing one-offs (which is even more expensive per model).

And I don't consider Tesla as having a platform, since they have almost 0 selection in their lineup. It's either "very expensive" or "extremely expensive", and they only have one real SUV. Plus, repairability is a big issue with them. They're like the iPhone of the car world. They tell you what you can do with the device you paid (too much) for. Add the fact that their CEO is a lunatic... And that's the reason I'll never get one, even if they'll be comparable in price\performance to the rest.

· Registered
44 Posts
According to one site the Blazer EV is 191.4 inches long 76.7 inches wide, and 67 inches high.
The Buick EV at 192.6 inches long, 75 inches wide, and 66.2 inches high seems roughly Blazer sized.
You might want to check those Blazer dimensions I believe they are for the ICE version and not the EV. I have not been able to find dimensions for the Blazer EV.

· Administrator
585 Posts
You might want to check those Blazer dimensions I believe they are for the ICE version and not the EV. I have not been able to find dimensions for the Blazer EV.
It shouldn't be this hard, but the numbers seem to be all over. One reviewer said 6" longer than a Mach E so 192" total, 4"wider so 68" total. Another said 9" longer than ICE Blazer so 198.4" total. I expect we will see more details February, March or May of 2023.

· Registered
33 Posts
I actually like the exterior design of the Equinox better. Would I rather have a Buick? LOL, yes but the Equinox is looking pretty sharp. I don’t want a black or red interior, nor 21” wheels. So no RT and leaning toward the 2LT depending on options available.

· Registered
287 Posts
I agree, I like the look of the Equinox better. Buicks are sweet, but I am sure would be pricier.

I like the look of the Equinox interior and if they do a good job with the fit and finish, I will be totally happy.

· Registered
34 Posts
I like the Buick styling. It’s more of a traditional look, but if it’s as big as a Blazer, I would have to pass as I will be looking for a smaller vehicle. I would also imagine that the Buick will be pricier than the Equinox, so Iyar will likely be out of my price range.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts