Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heavily camouflaged crossover, spotted in southeast Michigan, looks similar in size to the Chevrolet Blazer EV or Equinox EV that GM revealed this year.

In North America, Buick’s first electric vehicle is expected to be available in 2024, with plans for an all-electric lineup in the U.S. and Canada by the end of the decade. This shift to electric will also reintroduce a name into the family, as all Buick EVs will carry the name Electra. We’re dreaming of a future designed and crafted around you. Join us for a journey to an all-electric and all-inspiring tomorrow.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive exterior

THE BUICK WILDCAT EV CONCEPT
Our vision of what the future holds debuts with the Buick Wildcat EV Concept. It is a leap forward that builds on our legacy of innovation, as well as expressing a vision of Buick’s new design direction and pointing to its all-electric future. With its poised, ready-to-pounce stance plus its design for advanced artificial intelligence and biometric technology, the Wildcat EV Concept is efficiency and innovation in a head-turning package. Which is to say, it’s electric in every way possible.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Now that Buick will switch over to eventually be all-electric hopefully GM will allow the brand to have its own unique identity as it did with the early 80s Buick Rivera (top image) followed by the early 90s Buick Renatta(below). I would love to see the Wildcat concept(Youtube video in the post above) become an actual production model. I didn't care for the days when GM rebadged the same model to be a Buick, Pontiac, or Chevy with just a logo.

BTW, the new Buick emblem looks different.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Plant Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Administrator
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't care for the days when GM rebadged the same model to be a Buick, Pontiac, or Chevy with just a logo.
Yes, those were the days each brand operated it's own product line. They operated as separate companies under the GM umbrella, then a new CEO decided to change that and that's how you ended up with basically same car, different badge. There is merit to sharing components, it was just taken too far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts