Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Chevrolet has not released the full pricing of the Equinox EV yet but they did say it will have a starting price of "around $30,000 on the 1LT".

With a starting price of around $30,000 on the 1LT, the Equinox EV plugs Chevrolet into the critical compact SUV segment and is expected to be the most affordable EV in its class. It rounds out an electrified portfolio that covers major segments, including full-size trucks (Silverado EV), midsize SUVs (Blazer EV) and compact SUVs (Bolt EV and Bolt EUV). Plus, it will also be available with up to an available GM-estimated 300 miles of range on a full charge.

· Administrator
595 Posts
For what it's worth, Car and Driver estimates for the Equinox EV trim level pricing:

1LT
$30,000 (est)
2LT
$34,000 (est)
3LT
$37,000 (est)
2RS
$40,000 (est)
3RS
$44,000 (est)

· Registered
287 Posts
In Canada, the starting price is expected to be $35,000. Unscientific, but if I added the $5000 difference to the other models, it would be:

1LT
$35,000 (est)
2LT
$39,000 (est)
3LT
$42,000 (est)
2RS
$45,000 (est)
3RS
$49,000 (est)

If that is the case, even if it is a couple thousand more and if the Eq EV gets good first drive reviews and if I am able to sit in one at the February Toronto Auto show and it is comfortable, I will buy the 3LT.

· Administrator
595 Posts
if I am able to sit in one at the February Toronto Auto show
That would be great but I think all they have are one or two pre-production hand-built models. No touch, not sitting. There won't be one at the Chicago Auto Show to even see, much less touch or sit in.

· Registered
287 Posts
That would be great but I think all they have are one or two pre-production hand-built models. No touch, not sitting. There won't be one at the Chicago Auto Show toeven see, much less touch or sit in.
You could be right, the Toronto Auto show is 4 months away, so fingers crossed they will have made a few more models. It would be nice to sit in one, but I hear you that it will be doubtful.

· Administrator
595 Posts
The CAN$37,250 number looks like US$30k converted to CAN$. Their linked GM press release says, "With a starting price of around $30,0001 on the 1LT". But I'm getting CAN$39k using this converter: USD To CAD: Convert United States Dollar to Canadian Dollar - Forbes Advisor

"The 1LT may be eligible for federal and provincial incentive programs in Canada (subject to final government approvals) which would bring the price down to a minimum of $25,250 for some Canadians." That sounds like a nice number!

· Registered
287 Posts
The CAN$37,250 number looks like US$30k converted to CAN$. Their linked GM press release says, "With a starting price of around $30,0001 on the 1LT". But I'm getting CAN$39k using this converter: USD To CAD: Convert United States Dollar to Canadian Dollar - Forbes Advisor

"The 1LT may be eligible for federal and provincial incentive programs in Canada (subject to final government approvals) which would bring the price down to a minimum of $25,250 for some Canadians." That sounds like a nice number!
I expect all of the LT and maybe all of the RS’s would qualify for the Canadian incentives. My other EV choice the Ioniq 5 the AWD preferred one starts at $57,000 and qualifies and I am sure all of the Eq EV’s will be under it.

i am hoping the 3LT is $48,000 Cdn or less.

· Registered
34 Posts
On September 8th the GM Canada press release had the price release for the base model LT1 at “around” $35,000.

This article released on September 13th, pegs it at $37,250.

If GM is looking to make “EVs for Everyone” as stated in their commercial, then it looks like they will need to keep producing the Bolt for a few more years.

· Administrator
595 Posts
If GM is looking to make “EVs for Everyone” as stated in their commercial, then it looks like they will need to keep producing the Bolt for a few more years.
Model years typically run about 5-7 years. The "Gen 1" Bolt EV started in 2017. "Gen 2" redesign came in 2022. So what happens around 2027 or later? GM's not saying, there's just speculation. If there is a Gen 3 refresh, I expect it will be built on the Ultium platform, the GM "Lego brick" that underpins all new GM EV's going forward.

· Registered
2019 Chevy Volt LT with 7.2 kW Charger
147 Posts
Model years typically run about 5-7 years. The "Gen 1" Bolt EV started in 2017. "Gen 2" redesign came in 2022. So what happens around 2027 or later? GM's not saying, there's just speculation. If there is a Gen 3 refresh, I expect it will be built on the Ultium platform, the GM "Lego brick" that underpins all new GM EV's going forward.
GM and Honda are working on a low cost Ultium platform for 2027

· Registered
217 Posts
For what it's worth, Car and Driver estimates for the Equinox EV trim level pricing:

1LT
$30,000 (est)
2LT
$34,000 (est)
3LT
$37,000 (est)
2RS
$40,000 (est)
3RS
$44,000 (est)

That will be so silly if they do that. The 2RS is just an appearance package, it should cost less than the 3LT. But I'm not complaining...I'll just get the 3LT if these estimates are correct.

· Registered
217 Posts
Yeah that isn’t how GM has positioned the trim levels either.
For sure...Otherwise, the naming is all screwed up. If it was like that post suggested, then the naming should have been 1LT, 2LT, 3LT, 1RS, 2RS...But because the "RS" refers to the LT package it will visually upgrade, then the price will definitely be (from low to high): 1LT, 2LT, 2RS, 3LT, 3RS.

· Registered
217 Posts
Bottom line - models priced over $40,000 will face competition and might be ignored in a recession. Models price under $40,000 will face very little competition and should sell even during a recession.
I agree. My cutoff price is 50K CAD, because I get a 13K rebate on it. I don't like ant of the competition because I got "battery replacement anxiety", and the Ultium is the only platform that allows you to replace "parts" in the battery, and not a fully sealed unit for 15K-20K.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts