Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only that thinks the Equinox EV MSRP is going to go up noticeably before it is launched ? I mean, it seems to me that they set that MSRP to be very aggressive based on them no longer having the $7500 available.

BUT, assuming that it qualifies for the $7500 discount, it's a $23k car. (Lower mileage trim etc., but still)

Registered
They did say "around" $30k when it was announced, so I think they have a little bit of leeway. But it would look pretty disingenuous if all of a sudden it was starting at $37500 馃槅

I mean they were planning to sell these without the tax credit in place and even with the restored tax credit it's not like that comes out of their profit. So if they are able to sell a competent SUV at an effective starting price of $22,500 they'll be flying off the shelves, so to speak.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if the starting price at reveal time is $32k or so.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They did say "around" $30k when it was announced, so I think they have a little bit of leeway. But it would look pretty disingenuous if all of a sudden it was starting at $37500 馃槅

I mean they were planning to sell these without the tax credit in place and even with the restored tax credit it's not like that comes out of their profit. So if they are able to sell a competent SUV at an effective starting price of $22,500 they'll be flying off the shelves, so to speak.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if the starting price at reveal time is $32k or so.
The $7500 doesn't come out of their pocket, but it gives them 'room' to increase their price by about the same amount, as they can do that and still hit their initial targeted selling price (before dealer markups, of course).

Ford raised the price of the F150 Lightning by up to $8,500 a couple weeks ago. They claimed it was due to higher costs , because they're not going to say it's 'Because you get a $7,500 discount anyway'. That said, I do believe that their costs have definitely gone up since they initially priced the vehicle.

They will have a huge waiting list well beyond their build capacity for years, whether they price is at $30k or $37.

I suspect it will be closer to $37k.

Registered
Hm, right now commodity prices are high, but the $30-37k trim will likely not be out until '25. If you look at the blazer now, the first model is out Summer '23, but the standard range model won't be available until Winter '24.

So maybe prices will go back down?

Registered
The Equinox EV is due to be released late 鈥23, but they haven鈥檛 said which trim level(s) will be released first. Even if they only release the RS to begin with, I think they鈥檒l definitely have the base trim out in 鈥24. This is meant to be a car for the masses so they want to get the affordable version out as soon as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts