1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
277 Posts
"Under the current Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), electric vehicles only qualify for federal tax incentives if assembled within North America. However, Senate bill S. 5020 would remove this requirement and vastly expand the number of vehicles that qualify for federal incentives."

It's a pain to be sure, but I think incentivizing EV and components to be built domestically is better long term for the manufacturing base. More jobs, more infrastructure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree that pushing toward North American assembly and components is a good thing, but I think it should have been a little more gradual to keep the current interest in EVs piqued and give the manufacturers some time to at least make a game plan.

·
Administrator
277 Posts
I agree that pushing toward North American assembly and components is a good thing, but I think it should have been a little more gradual to keep the current interest in EVs piqued and give the manufacturers some time to at least make a game plan.
It was a provision required by one senator without whom none of it would have passed. So, a compromise.

·
Administrator
277 Posts
Yes. I'm trying to keep politics out of the forum as much as possible which is why I'm not naming names (often a trigger point) and trying to focus on the facts. :) Someone sees the name and suddenly the thread goes on a tangent, can get heated, name calling starts, etc. and I may have to ban someone as a last resort. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts