Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Administrator
588 Posts
Seems more like a Chevy Volt competitor (and maybe not in a good way). Hydrogen economics are awful and refueling stations are scarce. NASA has a hard time keeping hydrogen fuel based rockets from having fuel leak issues. I wonder about that when applied to something like a car and auto-mechanics.

· Registered
153 Posts
Honda and Toyota are still playing to Japan's MITI (Ministry of Technology) that has been pushing Hydrogen for decades now. Hydrogen had a chance but the advent of the Lithium Ion battery killed it. Neither the technology nor the economics support hydrogen for ground transportation.

· Administrator
588 Posts
More expensive than gas, usually made from fossil fuel and the electricity used to in the production could have just been sent to a battery. Then there is the cargo space that gets eliminated so a hydrogen pressure tank can sit there. Besides a faster refueling time, what's their to like?

· Registered
153 Posts
Interesting tidbit I ran across a month or so ago - ICEVs use about a third of the electricity as BEVs. This electricity is used to power the refineries and long-haul pipelines used to move crude oil, gasoline, and diesel fuel around the country.

· Administrator
588 Posts
Interesting tidbit I ran across a month or so ago - ICEVs use about a third of the electricity as BEVs. This electricity is used to power the refineries and long-haul pipelines used to move crude oil, gasoline, and diesel fuel around the country.
And then the car wastes about 75% of the gasoline as heat. My guess is hydrogen suffers from similar electric losses as it is pressurized and pumped.

· Administrator
588 Posts
Is the the light gray a protective film or is that how the car was painted (ugh)?

The best part was the Maisto die cast models at the very end. I have one for my 2011 Volt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts