Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any guesses/insights on the specs of the base Equinox EV?

My guess:

• $33,999
• 82-84 kWh battery (10 modules)
• 280-320 miles EPA range
• 190kw DC fast charging
• Heat Pump (confirmed that all Ultiums will have heat pumps?)

Kinda curious about the motor setup. Doubting RWD, because the smallest Ultium main RWD motor appears to be the 255kw (341 HP) used in the base LYRIQ.

Almost seems more likely it’ll use the smaller 180kw (241 HP) permanent magnet front motor unit, then AWD models (it better have an AWD option!!) will get the 62kw (83HP) induction assist motor on the rear axle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’m thinking the base LT will have a more modest battery size, say 65kWh or so to achieve the price point they’re aiming for. It’s possible they offer the LT with an optional larger battery pack, but that would seem like an LT1/LT2 trim differentiation.
Would assume the RS will have a larger battery and optional AWD and be at least $10k higher than the LT.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My guess is 10 modules at 82 kWh for the RS. In this video,
, the General Director of Electrifcation strategy briefly mentioned that the pack will be less than the Blazer/Lyriq, which make sense because it is a shorter vehicle.

For the base $30k model, I'd guess 8 modules for 250ish miles, at 65 kWh as well

·
Administrator
318 Posts
My guess is 10 modules at 82 kWh for the RS. In this video, the General Director of Electrifcation strategy briefly mentioned that the pack will be less than the Blazer/Lyriq, which make sense because it is a shorter vehicle.
This is a very informative video showing how well thought out the Ultium platform is. Being able to replace individual modules (bricks of cells) in the battery even with different chemistry is huge. Take whatever is coming out of the facotory in 8 years and "plug" it in. No need to garb and old (and partially aged) battery from inventory. Plus, there will likely be a used battery market from auto junk yard reclaims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts