Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there might be some slight differences in terms of trim packages depending if you're a Canadian or American buyer but they should by now allow users to configure their specified model Equinox. Most people will be off for the holidays and this is the biggest season of the year. GM should know that. For some, it might help those that can't make a firm decision decide on how it may look configured. Yes, the price also does help.

If anyone notices any changes please state which location (USA/Canada) they're addressing. Thanks :):)

· Registered
287 Posts
It seems the differences between the American and Canadian models at the moment
Font Parallel Screenshot Document Number

are that the Canadian 1LT model gets heated steering wheel, front seats and mirrors and that the Canadian model 3LT and 3RS come standard with eAWD.

· Registered
287 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep... And that's a real bummer! Thieves I tell you!
The press has stated that Gm is taking a big risk trying to price this comparably to an ICE. I guess now they realize they may have shortchanged themselves and now trying to make up for it by eliminating some features on Canadian models. Who knows if they will also do this to US models before availability? Gm will also save millions by producing this at Mexican labor costs. As MaybeFutureBuyer said above, "Thieves", lol

· Registered
215 Posts
The press has stated that Gm is taking a big risk trying to price this comparably to an ICE. I guess now they realize they may have shortchanged themselves and now trying to make up for it by eliminating some features on Canadian models. Who knows if they will also do this to US models before availability? Gm will also save millions by producing this at Mexican labor costs. As MaybeFutureBuyer said above, "Thieves", lol
Yeah, in Canada, they spend big time on the 1LT compared to the US version (heated mirrors, seats, and steering), they probably try to offset that with the screen on the 2LT. But realistically (and judging by the small sample of 10 people who answered my survey), not many people are going to buy the 1LT anyway. My survey says 0. My uneducated guess is less than 10% of equinox buyers will get it, and I think they bank on that. It's a "price-holder" for them. That way they can boast about a "$31K EV crossover".

And yes, the labor in Mexico is dirt cheap, but it's not like all their ICE are made in the USA. They claim that their EVs won't be profitable until 2025... But those are their words. Do they factor in the expenses of building their factories? If so... Then they'll make a TON of money per model.

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, in Canada, they spend big time on the 1LT compared to the US version (heated mirrors, seats, and steering), they probably try to offset that with the screen on the 2LT. But realistically (and judging by the small sample of 10 people who answered my survey), not many people are going to buy the 1LT anyway. My survey says 0. My uneducated guess is less than 10% of equinox buyers will get it, and I think they bank on that. It's a "price-holder" for them. That way they can boast about a "$31K EV crossover".

And yes, the labor in Mexico is dirt cheap, but it's not like all their ICE is made in the USA. They claim that their EVs won't be profitable until 2025... But those are their words. Do they factor in the expenses of building their factories? If so... Then they'll make a TON of money per model.
Yeah, and the $30,000 model will be the last to be produced. By the time that's made most people will have forgotten about it. I can see the 1LT perhaps being a fleet purchase. KIA has dropped their least expensive trim level named "Light" on the EV6 one year from its on sales date. Now their least expensive model, "Wind" starts at $50,000.

· Registered
215 Posts
Yeah, and the $30,000 model will be the last to be produced. By the time that's made most people will have forgotten about it. I can see the 1LT perhaps being a fleet purchase. KIA has dropped their least expensive trim level named "Light" on the EV6 one year from its on sales date. Now their least expensive model, "Wind" starts at $50,000.
Well, if they'll play stupid games, I'll hand out stupid prizes and just buy an ICE vehicle again. I'm not in it for any price... It's all about the break-even point for me. I'm not gonna do 8 years of driving to break even on gas and maintenance cost. If the 2LT will be stripped and expensive, then it's not worth it. My budget is 35K USD. If the 2LT is above that... I'm out!

· Registered
153 Posts
GM has a history of creating fleet versions that are below the base consumer model. I'd expect a fleet Equinox EV to follow this model.

· Registered
153 Posts

· Registered
287 Posts
From November 4th on the Canadian website to now, they added ventilated front seats for the 3LT. The ventilated seats were on the original September 8 press release.

3LT

September 8 press release

• 8-way power-adjustable driver seat and 6-way power-adjustable front passenger seat
  • Front heated/ventilated seats and rear outboard heated seats
  • Available Black with Blue Accents interior or Sky Cool Gray interior
  • Dual-zone climate control
  • Heated wiper park
  • 17.7-inch-diagonal infotainment2 screen
  • 11-inch-diagonal driver information center
  • Available head-up display and full-display camera mirror (with rear washer)
  • Available Bose audio system
  • Available sunroof
  • 21-inch aluminum wheels
  • Front LED light bar
  • Roof rails
  • Heated outside mirrors
  • Standard presence-based power liftgate
  • Standard Adaptive Cruise Control3 and HD Surround Vision3
  • Available Head-Up Display and Rear Camera Mirror3
  • Available Super Cruise4 driver assistance technology

Nov 4 Chevrolet.ca website
  • GM-estimated range of up to 450 kilometres on a full charge with eAWD
  • Standard eAWD
  • Reverse Automatic Braking*
  • Available Head-Up Display
  • Adaptive Cruise Control- with available Super Cruise™ driver assistance capability for divided and compatible highways
  • 17.7-inch diagonal touch-screen
  • 21-inch wheels
  • Heated front and rear outboard seats and wiper park

Dec 9 Chevrolet.ca website
  • Standard eAWD
  • Reverse Automatic Braking≤
  • Adaptive Cruise Control* with available Super Cruise™* driver assistance capability for divided and compatible highways
  • 21-inch wheels
  • Ventilated front seats

· Registered
2019 Chevy Volt LT with 7.2 kW Charger
147 Posts
Honda doesn't do this nor does Toyota and a lot of their cars are made in the US and cater to the US.
They aren't the ones that Enterprise and other Rental companies buy from... Though they may get them through the used market many of these companies need low mileage vehicles with few options. Once Done they reach EOL for the Fleet then enter the used car market supplying a good amount there as well for car buyers.

Oh and Toyota does have fleet sales Toyota Fleet Homepage

· Registered
215 Posts
From November 4th on the Canadian website to now, they added ventilated front seats for the 3LT. The ventilated seats were on the original September 8 press release.

3LT

September 8 press release

• 8-way power-adjustable driver seat and 6-way power-adjustable front passenger seat
  • Front heated/ventilated seats and rear outboard heated seats
  • Available Black with Blue Accents interior or Sky Cool Gray interior
  • Dual-zone climate control
  • Heated wiper park
  • 17.7-inch-diagonal infotainment2 screen
  • 11-inch-diagonal driver information center
  • Available head-up display and full-display camera mirror (with rear washer)
  • Available Bose audio system
  • Available sunroof
  • 21-inch aluminum wheels
  • Front LED light bar
  • Roof rails
  • Heated outside mirrors
  • Standard presence-based power liftgate
  • Standard Adaptive Cruise Control3 and HD Surround Vision3
  • Available Head-Up Display and Rear Camera Mirror3
  • Available Super Cruise4 driver assistance technology

Nov 4 Chevrolet.ca website
  • Standard eAWD
  • Reverse Automatic Braking*
  • Adaptive Cruise Control- with available Super Cruise™ driver assistance capability for divided and compatible highways
  • 21-inch wheels

Dec 9 Chevrolet.ca website
  • Standard eAWD
  • Reverse Automatic Braking≤
  • Adaptive Cruise Control* with available Super Cruise™* driver assistance capability for divided and compatible highways
  • 21-inch wheels
  • Ventilated front seats
So the 17" screen is also back in the 2LT?... NOICE!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts