Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was a total bust, except GM surprised me with Equinox EV on full (blocked off) display. That was a surprise and made up 2023 Accord train wreck and Toyota Prime - no touch. I'm a little all over as far as what I'm looking to buy in 2023 or possibly 2024. Looking for something under $40,000 that slightly on sporty side. I thought I had narrowed my search down to new Honda Accord Hybrid, new Toyota Prime and future Chevy Equinox EV. Hoping to sit in both Accord and Prius Prime at show.

Unfortunately Honda had no Accords, though DC show website clearly identified a 2023 model as bing on show floor. When I asked a Honda assistant "why no Accord", she responded "that it's early and Honda just delivered new Hybrids to dealers three days ago". Hmmm. New Accords now at some dealerships but not on display at major auto show. Not Good.

Toyota had a very attractive Toyota Prius Prime in rotating display, that was a head turner. Then a gray prototype locked up with windows up. Being 6'1" I wanted to see how easy in could get in and exit Prime and also see how much headroom I have in front seat. Also wanted to check out rearview mirror display and if steering wheel actually blocks speedometer. But with everything locked up like Fort Knox I didn't have a chance. Bummer two. Thanks Toyota

But when in Rome I decide to walk over the Chevy and low and behold 2023 Equinox was on display but fenced off. Passenger car door was open so at least you could see dashboard and front seating. First thoughts. EV looks way better than gasoline powered version but still a compact. Not as long as I thought so it will fit in most garages. I'm not crazy about the two-tone color but it doesn't look bad. Over all exterior body style looks better than most compact EV's and does have a sporty look. Front dashboard looked fine but I did notice slightly elevated hard plastic above speedometer display. Maybe half an inch higher than rest of dash. Have no idea what for. Also air/heat vents on either side of front cabin seem unusual. Not sure if futuristic looking for possibly 60's looking. Equinox on display was the 3LT and its Continental (all country?) tires looked huge. Not sure what size but must be expensive to replace.

In any case seeing the Equinox up front did bolster my thoughts about waiting a year for new model to go live. Just hope GM keeps to their quoted delivery times and estimated prices hold into 2024.

· Registered
215 Posts
You will pay LESS for a single color, so that's good news for you (and me... I'm not a fan either).

The tires ARE huge (21" rims on the 3LT). And there's pretty much a consensus here about that (we all dislike it). But when that's pretty much the only negative you find in a car.... That means it's a pretty good car.

Read past posts if you want more info about trim levels and accessories... We covered that as much as possible.

Look at the attachment at the first comment on this thread:

· Administrator
587 Posts
So far, everyone that's seen the car in person has not been disappointed and had a favorable reaction to the styling.

I did notice slightly elevated hard plastic above speedometer display. Maybe half an inch higher than rest of dash.
That's the Heads Up Display (HUD), EVnowornever.

I wanted to see how easy in could get in and exit Prime and also see how much headroom I have in front seat.
Yes, you need to sit in a car before buying it. Seat comfort, headroom, forward view, controls, etc. need to be experienced. I took 3 test drives in the 2017 Bolt EV before buying it. I had one, pre-production, Oct 2010 test drive in the 2011 Volt before buying in Feb 2011 (delivered May 2011).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts