Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made a list of questions that remain unanswered as of yet but that are important to me. These will obviously not be answered until announced by Chevy, but feel free to chime in if you have any comments or add to the list.

1. Price for all trims

2. Options/Prices

3. Seat Material

4. Ground Clearance
7.6 INCHES

5. Turn Radius

6. Actual Mileage for all trims

7. Safety Rating

8. Tax Rebates

9. Cargo Space with 2nd row seats up. Does it fold down flat?

10. Height with liftgate open

11. Tow package available for all trims?

12. Does the Equinox come with its own Wifi?
YES, ALTHOUGH THERE MAY BE A MONTHLY CHARGE FOR THAT.

13. On AWD, can you run the FWD only and does that increase mileage to 300 miles?

14. Can Supercruise be turned on at a later time?
SUPERCRUISE WILL BE ACTIVATED FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS FOR FREE, THEN YOU CAN TURN IT OFF TO AVOID A MONTHLY CHARGE.

15. Since only the 3RS will have V2H, can this be added to the other trims at a later time? (Important to me since I have solar). I hope this will be considered as an optional for all trims!

16. Is there a frunk?
NO

17. Will I be able to use voice commands?
YES, BUT NOT SURE TO WHAT EXTENT.

18. Will there be a blindspot monitor?
YES

19. Will there be Auto high beams?
YES

20. Will there be rain sensing wipers?

· Registered
309 Posts
1. Price for all trims
2. Options/Prices
3. Seat Material
4. Ground Clearance
5. Turn Radius
6. Actual Mileage for all trims
7. Safety Rating
8. Tax Rebates
9. Cargo Space with 2nd row seats up/down. Does it fold down flat?
10. Height with liftgate open
11. Tow package available for all trims?
12. Does the Equinox come with its own Wifi or can I run it off my phone's hotspot?
13. On AWD, can you run the FWD only and does that increase mileage to 300 miles?
14. Can Supercruise be turned on at a later time?
15. Since only the 3RS will have V2H, can this be added to the other trims at a later time? (Important to me since I have solar). I hope this will be considered as an optional for ALL trims!
16. Is there a frunk?
17. Will I be able to use voice commands?
18. Will there be a blindspot monitor?
19. Will there be Auto high beams and rain sensing wipers?

4. Ground clearance: 193 mm.

9. Cargo seats down: 57.2 cu ft. No frunk, because all trims have a front motor.

14. Supercruise requires more sensors, but you can buy it, and not pay the monthly, then pay again when you need it. So, the answer is "almost definitely not".

17. Voice commands. 100% yes. Look at the right-side of the steering wheel, the left button there.

18. 99% yes. Almost all new cars have Blindspot monitoring to get cheap safety rating points.

19. "Yes" to auto high beams (photos confirm), "probably" for rain sensing (my guess will be that at least the ones with heated wiper park will get it).

· Registered
124 Posts
12 basically all Chevrolet vehicles come with wifi these days, though you're expected to pay for it after some trial period. I've not heard that any Chevrolet vehicles can connect to other wifi networks, though and all seem to depend upon onboard telematics for whatever data needs serve the vehicle itself, and honestly, I wouldn't want it to. Too much risk.

· Registered
63 Posts
13. It's not that using FWD drive only increases the range 20 miles, it's the added weight of the second motor is what decreases the range. My ID.4 is AWD but only drives RWD 95% of the time. The AWD is only engaged when it notices slippage/loss of traction. You can turn on "Traction Mode" on the AWD version that engages both at lower speeds without the car having to detect that it needs to do so...otherwise it's only single motor the majority of the time and AWD as needed dependent on terrain. I imagine this will be the case for the Equinox EV as well. So, the answer most likely is: it will be FWD most of the time anyway and only AWD when needed. It's the added weight of the additional motor that decreases range. (And the ID.4 range difference is about the same. It's 255 for my trim/drivetrain and 275 with same trim/RWD)

· Registered
24 Posts
13. It's not that using FWD drive only increases the range 20 miles, it's the added weight of the second motor is what decreases the range. My ID.4 is AWD but only drives RWD 95% of the time. The AWD is only engaged when it notices slippage/loss of traction. You can turn on "Traction Mode" on the AWD version that engages both at lower speeds without the car having to detect that it needs to do so...otherwise it's only single motor the majority of the time and AWD as needed dependent on terrain. I imagine this will be the case for the Equinox EV as well. So, the answer most likely is: it will be FWD most of the time anyway and only AWD when needed. It's the added weight of the additional motor that decreases range. (And the ID.4 range difference is about the same. It's 255 for my trim/drivetrain and 275 with same trim/RWD)
I will be interested to see the official EPA ratings. The Lyriq RWD vs AWD only sees a 1 mile range difference. But it could be that the relative weight added for AWD motor compared to the 12 module pack and RWD motor was small, or it could be that GM is being conservative with the AWD range or it assuming the AWD motor is always active.

· Registered
63 Posts
...or it assuming the AWD motor is always active.
my guess is most EV models are disengaged from the additional motor(s) since it would require additional energy, thereby decreasing efficiency...but also that's not my field of expertise haha...I'm sure there are ways to distribute that maybe are more efficient that allow for better efficiency despite the added weight? Not sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts