Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Per this article, the IRS won't be able to define the guidance for EV battery sourcing and composition until March 2023. Therefore, EV's made in North America purchased in 2023 will be eligible for the full $7,500 tax credit until it is defined in March. For those waiting for the Equinox EV including myself, there is no impact. But for others with EV cars under $55k or SUV's under $80k, like the Bolt, Tesla, VW ID4 (2023 model year), and Lyriq (if it is an SUV) will be eligible for the full credit when purchased early in 2023.

· Registered
28 Posts
I just recently purchased a 2023 ID.4 (very happy with it so far!) but I would have seriously considered the Bolt EUV had the delay been announced just a couple of weeks ago. Even at a top-trim range for the EUV with Sun & Sound package, it puts it in the ~$25,000 range after state/federal incentives.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just recently purchased a 2023 ID.4 (very happy with it so far!) but I would have seriously considered the Bolt EUV had the delay been announced just a couple of weeks ago. Even at a top-trim range for the EUV with Sun & Sound package, it puts it in the ~$25,000 range after state/federal incentives.
I guess your 2023 ID4 is eligible for the $7,500 in 2022?

Also how do you like the ID4? I read articles that didn't like the entertainment/navigation system.

· Registered
28 Posts
I guess your 2023 ID4 is eligible for the $7,500 in 2022?

Also how do you like the ID4? I read articles that didn't like the entertainment/navigation system.
It is! I had a reservation for the same trim but different color but that color wasn't being produced at the time, so I was getting worried about what the tax credit might be after battery guidance ($3750 or possibly even $0 - you never know), so I called around to some local dealerships after looking on Cars.com and found one that had just been listed as available, called the dealer up and it was either a cancelled order or dealer allocation. Super friendly salesperson, charged MSRP. Ended up putting a deposit down and finished the paperwork two days later, so I will end up getting the full $7500 credit thankfully!

In regard to liking it? I love it. It is the best car I have ever driven (to be fair my current best car is a 2010 Prius lol, but I have driven other friends/family members cars including a colleague's Model Y). Great handling, lots of power, looks great. I've only charged it on an EA charger once since I've had it because I have a JuiceBox in my garage. But when I did it charged 20-80 in 29 minutes on a 150 kW charger (it can go up to max 170 so I might have been able to decrease it a bit at a 350 kW station). Infotainment issues though? Not an issue. That is in essence really based on issues with the 2021 models that haven't had any major updates because it required getting the 12V replaced but they're just now calling cars in to replace a different 12V and update the system and many people are reporting they are very happy with the change. I really don't notice any slowness. Only once did I notice a slight delay switching between screen and then just deleted the pinned native navigation in the background (a trick people have learned to do) and that solved the issue. But that was one time and it hasn't happened since. It's probably not as fluid as some other infotainment screens based on what I've read but it is nothing like all these reviewers are mentioning. I almost didn't even consider the ID.4 based on the reviews of the infotainment screen, however I've only been pleasantly surprised by the experience. Also, it's priced a fair share lower than competition right now with the Ioniq 5 and EV6 (since they no longer qualify for the tax credit) and is still cheaper than the Mach E and others. I've also driven my colleague's Model Y (as mentioned above) and really like the ID.4 better than it and the Y is priced at ~$65,000.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is! I had a reservation for the same trim but different color but that color wasn't being produced at the time, so I was getting worried about what the tax credit might be after battery guidance ($3750 or possibly even $0 - you never know), so I called around to some local dealerships after looking on Cars.com and found one that had just been listed as available, called the dealer up and it was either a cancelled order or dealer allocation. Super friendly salesperson, charged MSRP. Ended up putting a deposit down and finished the paperwork two days later, so I will end up getting the full $7500 credit thankfully!

In regard to liking it? I love it. It is the best car I have ever driven (to be fair my current best car is a 2010 Prius lol, but I have driven other friends/family members cars including a colleague's Model Y). Great handling, lots of power, looks great. I've only charged it on an EA charger once since I've had it because I have a JuiceBox in my garage. But when I did it charged 20-80 in 29 minutes on a 150 kW charger (it can go up to max 170 so I might have been able to decrease it a bit at a 350 kW station). Infotainment issues though? Not an issue. That is in essence really based on issues with the 2021 models that haven't had any major updates because it required getting the 12V replaced but they're just now calling cars in to replace a different 12V and update the system and many people are reporting they are very happy with the change. I really don't notice any slowness. Only once did I notice a slight delay switching between screen and then just deleted the pinned native navigation in the background (a trick people have learned to do) and that solved the issue. But that was one time and it hasn't happened since. It's probably not as fluid as some other infotainment screens based on what I've read but it is nothing like all these reviewers are mentioning. I almost didn't even consider the ID.4 based on the reviews of the infotainment screen, however I've only been pleasantly surprised by the experience. Also, it's priced a fair share lower than competition right now with the Ioniq 5 and EV6 (since they no longer qualify for the tax credit) and is still cheaper than the Mach E and others. I've also driven my colleague's Model Y (as mentioned above) and really like the ID.4 better than it and the Y is priced at ~$65,000.
Thanks for the great info. It's important to me that an EV have V2L (vehicle to load). I read the VW was supposed to have V2L in the 2023 but it's not there yet. I guess a software update. Have you gotten any info on that?

· Registered
28 Posts
No V2L for the ID.4 and not with any updates planned for the '23s. Maybe for '24s? I'm guessing they'll offer V2L on the ID.Buzz. The euro versions are shorter wheelbase and they plan on making the U.S. version as the longer wheelbase but still waiting to hear about any confirmation about having it as a camper van set up. I'm guessing if they do do that, I would imagine they'll put at least on that option a V2L. But yeah, nothing for ID.4 that I'm aware of (I was looking forward to that when I was interested in the Ioniq 5 - but alas that lost the credit so that was a no go for me).

· Registered
28 Posts
I’m really glad I just avoided that since I picked up a cancellation (or possible dealer allocation) 3 weeks ago. My spec/color was not even close to being in production and from what I understand, it still isn’t. A lot of upset folks, but to be honest it could be far worse (think Ford, Tesla). I was intrigued with the Model Y when it came out but even with the $7500 off before the end of the year, it’s still more than what it started at unfortunately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts