Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Administrator
585 Posts
Yes, a reliable infrastructure is needed for those making long trips. For local travel, a garage or driveway to charge up overnight is all that's needed. Most people travels about 40 miles (not ALL people, most) to work.

In the 11.5 years I have been driving electric in the Chicago metro area I have used a public charge station only a handful of times and those were mostly for the novelty. If workplace parking lots installed 120V outlets at parking spots, most people would be able to completely recharge the miles they used getting to work in about 4 hours or less.

· Registered
153 Posts
Yah, The key to workplace charging is reserved parking and a forest of level 1 EVSE.
This assumes you need workplace charging. Also, reserved parking must be a paid parking system or the IRS will claim you received renumeration in the form of free electricity that you have to include on your tax return.

· Registered
64 Posts
So charge for it. For those for whom it's peace of mind will cheerfully cough up $15 or some other reasonable fee. Those that don't need it won't and that's fine too. It takes all the controversy and insecurity out of it.

· Administrator
585 Posts
So charge for it. For those for whom it's peace of mind will cheerfully cough up $15 or some other reasonable fee. Those that don't need it won't and that's fine too. It takes all the controversy and insecurity out of it.
It also addresses the inevitable, "Where's my free gasoline!!?" from other employees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts