Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Administrator
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In April, this Ontario plant built its last Chevrolet Equinox. Seven months later, it has now retooled to officially begin production of the Ultium-based BrightDrop Zevo 600, announcing the first Canadian customer to be DHL Express Canada. The equipment now in the Ingersoll plant was used on a temporary basis at a plant in Livonia, Michigan to be able to meet delivery commitments to its first U.S. customer, FedEx, late last year.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

The plant is expected to produce 50,000 vehicles per year by 2025. That seems low to me.

This is Canada’s first “full-scale EV” production plant, starting with the first Zevo 600 that officially rolled off the line today, to be followed by the smaller Zevo 400 to start production in late 2023. The numbers correspond to the cubic feet of space inside, with all Zevo models using a skateboard chassis with the Ultium battery in the floor, standard all-wheel drive, and an estimated range of 250 miles (402 km).

· Registered
153 Posts
50,000 trucks per year may be all that DHL Canada is requesting. As more delivery companies grok the economics of electric delivery trucks I bet this number will rise.

· Registered
153 Posts

· Administrator
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I read all of Heinlein's books between HS and College. And Asimov's and, well, many many others. I have boxes and boxes filled with books I can't part with. I blame thw grade school library and a series of Tom Swift books.

· Registered
153 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts