Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Motor vehicle Grille Automotive design Automotive exterior

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design

Is there a way to change the bowtie emblem from gold to black just in case I go for the 3LT or 2 LT? Or do I need to change the entire front fascia? If it is the latter forget about it.

· Registered
28 Posts
View attachment 302
I am not sure if the colour of the bowtie changes with the colour of the EQ EV you get, or the model.
View attachment 300
View attachment 301

Is there a way to change the bowtie emblem from gold to black just in case I go for the 3LT or 2 LT? Or do I need to change the entire front fascia? If it is the latter forget about it.

Gold bowtie does look ugly on some models. It stands out with too much contrast. Like you got the great front line curve/grill on 2023 Equinox and then (OMG) this yellow emblem sticking out. If I was to buy an all black Eqinox EV, you can bet bowtie would be all black either before I purchased or the day after. Really hope GM thinks (emblem) color match out because gold or yellow doesn't blend with much at all. Except a gold or yellow vehicle.

· Registered
153 Posts
The Volt's bowtie color is based on the paint color. My silver/grey Volt has a black bowtie. GM tends to match the bowtie color to the paint color.

• Helpful
Reactions: Evan1

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some use Plasti-Dip paint, some apply a vinyl car wrap material. You could also apply a wide electrical tape which is also vinyl.
Steve, you have been in a comedic role these past few days, lol. Keep it up!
Yeah, a tiny wrap will be the answer. My friend wrapped his Telsa emblem in a wrap that I had forgotten about.

· Registered
2019 Chevy Volt LT with 7.2 kW Charger
147 Posts
The Volt's bowtie color is based on the paint color. My silver/grey Volt has a black bowtie. GM tends to match the bowtie color to the paint color.
I looked at images of white Chevy Volts and Bolts on Google, and some have a gold bow tie and some have a black bow ties. Both look good. I might prefer the gold, but I am good with either.
The Volt had a Blackout package you could get from the factory that added black bowties and other trim. You can also purchase the black bowties from Chevrolet Accessories GM's Accessory website.

GM will likely offer the Black Bowtie as an accessory option for the Equinox, like they do other Vehicles, as well as a lighted bowtie option.

· Registered
153 Posts
Since I'm looking at the Metallic Red I'd want a gold bowtie.

Reactions: Kabloona

· Registered
153 Posts
I just checked the window sticker on my 2017 Volt. The black bowtie was a dealer installed option $195.00.

• Helpful
Reactions: Evan1

· Administrator
585 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts