Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
And yet, their side panel steel easily creases, lol :)

I do like their longer warranty.
That longer warranty is only available for the original purchaser. Hyundai/Kia warranties do not transfer to a subsequent owner, even if there's mileage or time left on the warranty. Also, getting Hyundai/Kia to honor their warranties is apparently extremely difficult.

Reactions: Kabloona

· Administrator
588 Posts
That longer warranty is only available for the original purchaser. Hyundai/Kia warranties do not transfer to a subsequent owner, even if there's mileage or time left on the warranty. Also, getting Hyundai/Kia to honor their warranties is apparently extremely difficult.
Sounds like the devil is in their warranty details, obermd.

So I buy a 2 year old used Hyundai with 24k miles, there are no B2B or drive train/battery warranties?

· Registered
153 Posts
Sounds like the devil is in their warranty details, obermd.

So I buy a 2 year old used Hyundai with 24k miles, there are no B2B or drive train/battery warranties?
Generally not. Read that original car warranty closely, but Hyundai/Kia generally doesn't pass their warranties to a second purchaser.

· Administrator
588 Posts
Yikes! That would seem to discourage those who sell their cars within 2-3 years. Since I typically keep my cars at least 10 years or longer, it would not affect me unless I had to sell for some unusual reason. Still those handcuffs would chafe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts