Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sure that the new Blazer EV was going to be my new ride, but the Equinox EV just looked so much cleaner to my eye that I am thinking maybe I might be changing my mind. I had my sights set on the KIA EV6, but wanted to return to the GM stable. I am very pleased with my current 2016 Ford Edge, but am very much interested in going to a non-ICE vehicle and step up my game. My only concern is that the Equinox EV might be a bit too small for my needs and I will need to see about that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was sure that the new Blazer EV was going to be my new ride, but the Equinox EV just looked so much cleaner to my eye that I am thinking maybe I might be changing my mind. I had my sights set on the KIA EV6, but wanted to return to the GM stable. I am very pleased with my current 2016 Ford Edge, but am very much interested in going to a non-ICE vehicle and step up my game. My only concern is that the Equinox EV might be a bit too small for my needs and I will need to see about that.
Welcome to the forum @Chip! What convinced you to make the switch to EVs with the Equinox or Blazer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome @Chip!
Have you had the chance to check out the Equinox model on sale currently? I can't imagine the all-electric version deviating much away from what the ICE version offers with space, cargo, etc.
I did back when I was looking for a replacement of my S-10 4X4 Blazer back in 2016. At that time the Equinox was fairly comparable to the Edge (which I bought) but it was downsized in the next model year or so. Based on what few details I've seen the EV is a bit larger than the ICE version, but to what degree if so, is yet to be indicated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did back when I was looking for a replacement of my S-10 4X4 Blazer back in 2016. At that time the Equinox was fairly comparable to the Edge (which I bought) but it was downsized in the next model year or so. Based on what few details I've seen the EV is a bit larger than the ICE version, but to what degree if so, is yet to be indicated.
Equinox EV is about 3 inches wider, but 3 inches shorter than the ICE I believe. The Blazer EV is 1" wider, 3" shorter, than the ICE.

·
Administrator
277 Posts
Equinox EV is about 3 inches wider, but 3 inches shorter than the ICE I believe. The Blazer EV is 1" wider, 3" shorter, than the ICE.
But interior space may be more, did not check. My Volt has a lot more room inside than you'd expect due to the wheel well's being moved further out. Same for my Bolt EV where the wheel well are basically in the 4 corners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts