Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my latest New Roads from Chevrolet today. The entire issue is dedicated to Chevy's current and upcoming EVs, with most of the articles about their upcoming vehicles.

Reactions: Evan1 and Mapleev

· Administrator
585 Posts
"Equinox EV 2RS available starting fall 2023; full lineup available starting spring 2024."

Not sure if this means nothing but 2RS until spring or whether other trims will be available before spring, just not all of them.

· Registered
28 Posts
That was my impression all along, just the 2RS in the fall of 2023 and the rest of the lineup in the Spring of 2024.
Don't hold your breath. Everything could get pushed back and as others have noted - Notice how EV makers push their most expensive/trim models first and keep the "base level" models off market until last. That sucks big time. Also what ever you buy (EV related) in 2023, 2024 and possibly 2025 won't qualify for $7,500 tax credit. Congress is screwing up the EV Tax Credit and causing major delays, along with EV manufacturers not knowing what the hell is going on.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't hold your breath. Everything could get pushed back and as others have noted - Notice how EV makers push their most expensive/trim models first and keep the "base level" models off market until last. That sucks big time. Also what ever you buy (EV related) in 2023, 2024 and possibly 2025 won't qualify for $7,500 tax credit. Congress is screwing up the EV Tax Credit and causing major delays, along with EV manufacturers not knowing what the hell is going on.
Since Chevy already has a sub-$30K EV on the market I'm not sure your assumption is valid. Also, GM has a battery plant in Ohio that's slated to open early 2023. It's the batteries that are the biggest obstacle to EVs receiving the full $7,500 credit. As much as I dislike the Democrats, they got this one right by forcing battery production into the US. We know they got it right by watching the EU and East Asian car makers screaming WTO violation because they won't be able to manufacture in their home countries and import into the US and receive a credit funded by the American taxpayer.

Reactions: Jim99

· Administrator
585 Posts
Ohio that's slated to open early 2023
Was opened August 2022. Production is still ramping up though. Maybe that's what you are referring to obermd, full production volume?

The announcement that production had started coincided with a visit to the 2.8 million-square-foot plant on the last day of August by Gov. Mike DeWine, Lt. Gov. Jon Husted and other state officials who left impressed.

Then, Husted said the facility lived up to its hype.

“I don’t know that I have ever seen a more high-tech automated process than we just had the opportunity to witness,” Husted said.

The factory has been shipping cells to GM for use in vehicles that include the Cadillac LYRIQ and GMC Hummer EV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts