Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing a percentage indicator is using a calculation based on miles driven. I know that sensors work by wearing down with the pad until a wire is exposed setting off a dash light. But a percentage indicator seems like it's a guestimate. Otherwise, it would need to be continually measuring pad thickness.
One thing that bothers me with readouts is the lack of readouts. You need to connect a scanner to your car to read out a code. With everything going software based as the main user experience (ie info entertainment ) the car should simply tell you what's wrong but I guess car companies want to keep repair shops open.

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly, I think it would end up just being more trouble than a help. People that know what to do with code information often (bordering on always) already have OBD readers or intend to get them before they even have both metric and SAE wrenches. People that don't know what to do with the information behind the codes are going to need help and advice anyway, whether they get it from a forum, a manual or a dealership service department anyway.
I just don't want the mechanic to pull a fast one when all that may be needed is a new bulb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts