Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner

The Equinox will sell out quick.

4K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  Steverino 
#1 ·
The GMC Sierra EV Denali edition sold out (was reserved) in less than 24 hours, I have to think the same will happen for the Equinox.

Apparently GMC gave out some teasers a few days before opening up reservations, hopefully Chevy will do the same with the Equinox.

It would be nice to know an approximate week when they will do it.

#2 ·
The GMC Sierra EV Denali edition sold out (was reserved) in less than 24 hours, I have to think the same will happen for the Equinox.

Apparently, GMC gave out some teasers a few days before opening up reservations, hopefully, Chevy will do the same with the Equinox.

It would be nice to know an approximate week when they will do it.
Alex On Autos stated that Chevy won't hold reservations for this model unless they change their mind. But yes this will be a money-maker for the brand if all goes well.

#5 ·
An article from Carbuzz said this: “Additional details and ordering information will be available closer to the start of production, which will be handled by GM's Ramos Arizpe, Mexico, production facility.”

Another article from GM authority said: “The automaker has announced that the all-new 2024 Chevy Equinox EV will be manufactured at the GM Ramos Arizpe plant in Mexico, as GM Authority had anticipated at the end of March based on information from sources familiar with the matter”

If these two things are true, we may not be able to reserve or order the Eq EV, until January or February. I am reminded of a wise old saying from Master Po: “patience young grasshopper” or in my case, old grasshopper.

#6 ·
I agree that the smart thing to do is visit your local dealer in the next few months to place a deposit. Even if you do order one and there are none to drive other than the one you ordered you should still be eligible to drive it before signing. It is also wise to have a backup plan just in case you don't like it or a bottleneck occurs prior to delivery. At this point in time, we are somewhere around 18 months from delivery. That's roughly the same time when KIA/Hyundai/Genesis will have their Alabama factory up and rolling to provide us with the IONIQ 5/6, EV6, QV60, and GV70 EV. That's if you like those models. Also by that time, there might be other models of interest as well.

#7 ·
I currently have a deposit on the Equinox EV and the Blazer. I am #2 in line for the Blazer EV at one dealer, and #4 at another dealer for the Equinox Ev. Both deposits were done prior to any online reservations going live. From what the dealers tell me this puts me in front of those. Hopefully its not dealer BS but what else can you do really.

#9 · (Edited)
I cannot thank you enough, I called a larger dealer and I am now on their list and they took my $100 deposit. I think I am 5 or 6th on their list.

I will likely choose the 2LT or 3LT and do not want a vehicle until 2024, so that works out well. The three keys for me , to decide between the models is cost, the larger screen and smaller tires. It sound like the larger is screen is standard or optional on every model above the 1LT. I do not want 21” wheels that they show that come with the 3LT. For costs I want to under $48,000 for whichever model I chose. If the 3LT will be under $48,000 and I can get smaller wheels, I would get that model.

I cannot thank you enough for that info. Now I just need some first drive review of the vehicle and perhaps get to test a drive an RS late next year.

i will buy the Equinox if it gets very good reviews. It does need excellent reviews. If it gets just okay reviews, I likely will buy the Ioniq 5.

#10 ·
I cannot thank you enough, I called a larger dealer and I am now on their list and they took my $100 deposit. I think I am 5 or 6th on their list.

I will likely choose the 2LT or 3LT and do not want a vehicle until 2024, so that works out well. The three keys for me , to decide between the models is cost, the larger screen and smaller tires. It sound like the larger is screen is standard or optional on every model above the 1LT. I do not want 21” wheels that they show come with the 3LT. For costs I want to under $48,000 for whichever model I chose. If the 3LT will be under $48,000 and I can get smaller wheels, I would get that model.

I cannot thank you enough for that info. Now I just need some first drive review of the vehicle and perhaps get to test a drive an RS late next year.

i will buy the Equinox if it gets very good reviews. It does need excellent reviews. If it gets just okay reviews, I likely will buy the Ioniq 5.
I will contact Allie over at Chapman Chevy in Philly, PA allie@chapman for their discount off MSRP. I also don't want the larger wheels for purposes improved of range. The IONIQ 5 is a nice car but the IONIQ 6 will go a lot further in range. I will also need to see what it costs.
Yeah, everything comes down to cost.

#17 ·
From joinya: “
  • GM says the Equinox EV can charge at up to 150 kilowatts, adding 70 miles of range in 10 minutes
  • Considering what the Lyriq and Hummer EVs are capable of, I expect the Equinox to add 200 miles of range in about 30 minutes at a DC fast charger. Not bad!

200 miles of range is basically the 10% to 80% that the Ioniq 5 uses to show their charging speed. So 30 minutes vs the 18 minutes in the I5. The 30 minutes would be similar to the MachE and some others. These times are in the perfect world.

One thing I have not checked yet is if the Eq Ev has a battery pre conditioner. The 2023 I5 does. That will warm up the battery, for faster charging times.

#18 ·
Although these articles do not definitively say that the Eq EV will have a battery preconditioner or heat pump, it does say that all future Ultium powered vehicles will. The heat pump also helps in pre conditioning the battery.

#19 ·
The current batteries available are like first-generation products. In a few years, solid-state batteries will operate in colder conditions with little worry, have a longer life span, go further, and be cheaper and easier to charge. My only incentive for buying an EV now is the potential savings off taxes or perhaps MSRP, depending on congress' mandate.
At the same time, if I go ahead and get one now, I can see how life is with this first-generation product. If it disappoints I can always trade it in for a solid state. Hopefully, these first gens will keep up their resale value.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.