Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the 3LT in Riptide Blue with Summit White roof and Dark Ash Grey interior. All it needs is a blue bow tie.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having given it some thought it comes down to the 3LT or the 3RS. Even with the much more expensive trims neither comes with all the options. That's a real shame. I will need to see what the disparity is when it comes time to finally build one. So far I really like the black/red interior on the RS with a white/black exterior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thinking 3LT with white, red, or galaxy grey (kinda need to see that last one in person though). Depends on the final pricing though. There are a lot of things standard on the 3LT that are optional on 2LT. I do like the ventilated seats being on the upper trim but if I can sacrifice a few, add some optional to the 2LT and have the smaller wheels for efficiency, I might do that. Time will tell!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thinking 3LT with white, red, or galaxy grey (kinda need to see that last one in person though). Depends on the final pricing though. There are a lot of things standard on the 3LT that are optional on 2LT. I do like the ventilated seats being on the upper trim but if I can sacrifice a few, add some optional to the 2LT and have the smaller wheels for efficiency, I might do that. Time will tell!
Agree, and not only efficiency, but also comfort! And it doesn't hurt that tires will be slightly cheaper to replace as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I will get the Summit White coloured Equinox and as long as the 3LT is under $50,000 Cdn, I will get that. (Hopefully a lot under $50,000). On other threads, I have posted that I also wanted 19” wheels, for all of the reasons mentioned.

I did watch one you tube video that recommended the 21” wheels, on how it made the Equinox look.

What I don’t think we have seen, is how the Equinox looks with 19” wheels on it and what the actual wheel design will look like on the 19” wheels.

I know with the Ioniq 5, the wheel design appearance is much different on the different sized wheels and packages.

Right off the hop, after buying the vehicle, for those that want dedicated winter tires and wheels, there will be a big expense buying a set of those. Even the difference from 18” wheels to 19” wheels is big.

I do not put on a lot of mileage, especially in the winter, so a set of winter tires will last me several years. A set of winter 21” EV wheels will be pricey as well as the tire prices climb as well, but could be seen as a one time expense.

I am warming up to the idea of keeping the 21” wheels, but would really like to see a picture of the 19” wheels on the Eq EV.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
109 Posts
I will get the Summit White coloured Equinox and as long as the 3LT is under $50,000 Cdn, I will get that. (Hopefully a lot under $50,000). On other threads, I have posted that I also wanted 19” wheels, for all of the reasons mentioned.

I did watch one you tube video that recommended the 21” wheels, on how it made the Equinox look.

What I don’t think we have seen, is how the Equinox looks with 19” wheels on it and what the actual wheel design will look like on the 19” wheels.

I know with the Ioniq 5, the wheel design appearance is much different on the different sized wheels and packages.

Right off the hop, after buying the vehicle, for those that want dedicated winter tires and wheels, there will be a big expense buying a set of those. Even the difference from 18” wheels to 19” wheels is big.

I do not put on a lot of mileage, especially in the winter, so a set of winter tires will last me several years. A set of winter 21” EV wheels will be pricey as well as the tire prices climb as well, but could be seen as a one time expense.

I am warming up to the idea of keeping the 21” wheels, but would really like to see a picture of the 19” wheels on the Eq EV. View attachment 216

I'm a creature of comfort. Give me taller sidewalls and 19" rims. It's not like I'm gonna be seeing the outside of the car a lot.

·
Administrator
277 Posts
A set of winter 21” EV wheels will be pricey as well as the tire prices climb as well, but could be seen as a one time expense.
You don't have to put on 21" winter wheels. Could go with 19" or 20". Compare the total diameter of the 19" wheel with the mounted snow tire to the total for the OEM tire mounted on the 21" rim. I think as long as you are close the only thing affected would be a slight difference in odometer/speed display.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You don't have to put on 21" winter wheels. Could go with 19" or 20". Compare the total diameter of the 19" wheel with the mounted snow tire to the total for the OEM tire mounted on the 21" rim. I think as long as you are close the only thing affected would be a slight difference in odometer/speed display.
I agree. Getting 19” wheels with the appropriate sized tires is a very good way to go.
I have always been a huge fan of the Toyo Observe 6i winter tires, but for the Equinox I think I will get the Hakkapeliitta R5 EV winter tire, when the time comes. I will see if GM has a good winter EV wheel, before choosing a wheel. Perhaps the wheel that goes on the LT1 would be a good choice,

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree. Getting 19” wheels with the appropriate sized tires is a very good way to go.
I have always been a huge fan of the Toyo Observe 6i winter tires, but for the Equinox I think I will get the Hakkapeliitta R5 EV winter tire, when the time comes. I will see if GM has a good winter EV wheel, before choosing a wheel. Perhaps the wheel that goes on the LT1 would be a good choice,
I'm thinking about rocking the Michelin CrossClimate2 for the entire year. Tests seem to show it's not far off from a regular winter tire. and not too shabby the rest of the seasons.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm thinking about rocking the Michelin CrossClimate2 for the entire year. Tests seem to show it's not far off from a regular winter tire. and not too shabby the rest of the seasons.

The Cross Climate 2 is an impressive tire and if your goal is to save money on not buying two sets of wheels, it is a good choice.

From a tire perspective, I am not sure you would save any money and may lose some money. It does well in the winter, but not as good as a real winter tire and in the summer, it does fine, but not as well as a real summer tire. Leaving them on, you will have to replace them twice as fast as a summer/winter tire combo, while not having the total performance of real winter and summer tires. They might also wear out quicker in the summer because of the heat versus a true summer tire.

You do save the cost of winter rims. I put on my own wheels, but if you don’t, you would also save the costs of changing the wheels at the end of each season.

i do like those tires and if you choose them, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Cross Climate 2 is an impressive tire and if your goal is to save money on not buying two sets of wheels, it is a good choice.

From a tire perspective, I am not sure you would save any money and may lose some money. It does well in the winter, but not as good as a real winter tire and in the summer, it does fine, but not as well as a real summer tire. Leaving them on, you will have to replace them twice as fast as a summer/winter tire combo, while not having the total performance of real winter and summer tires. They might also wear out quicker in the summer because of the heat versus a true summer tire.

You do save the cost of winter rims. I put on my own wheels, but if you don’t, you would also save the costs of changing the wheels at the end of each season.

i do like those tires and if you choose them, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Nope. They have a 60Kkm warranty (takes me 12 years to do that), and if you look at all the tests this guy did with them, they are only 5% worse in the summer than a normal summer (not Michelin) and only 10% worse than the best Michelin winter tire on snow\ice. So the performance is pretty much like getting 2 sets (summer+winter) of Goodyear tires. If you'll consider the cost of 2 sets of Goodyear's and one set of rims (and shorter warranty on the Goodyear's) against the CrossClimate2, you'll save money from day 1. Now add the $50 it cost to swap twice a year, and you get about a $2000 savings over the life of the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts