Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Meh... I was never a sports cars enthusiast.... And even if I was, with the roads in Quebec, I wouldn't be able to enjoy a stiff car. I'm looking for the best comfort\silence and reliability\repairability for the price. I'm okay with 0-60mph in anything below 8.5 second. Actually, for me, the 60-73 time (passing someone on the highway) is more important to me than 0-60 time. But these usually go hand in hand.

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meh... I was never a sports cars enthusiast.... And even if I was, with the roads in Quebec, I wouldn't be able to enjoy a stiff car. I'm looking for the best comfort\silence and reliability\repairability for the price. I'm okay with 0-60mph in anything below 8.5 second. Actually, for me, the 60-73 time (passing someone on the highway) is more important to me than 0-60 time. But these usually go hand in hand.
I take it that the roads are crappy up there, lol.

· Registered
287 Posts
The roads are great here and I love the looks of those vehicles, but they would not be my choices unless I win a lottery and they would just be pocket change to buy and if I had a slot opened in my six car garage. ( I don’t currently have a six car garage, but would if I won the lottery)

Ironically many EV’s are as fast or faster than a number of the sports cars of the past.

· Registered
215 Posts
I take it that the roads are crappy up there, lol.
Yeah, in Quebec, we get some roads on our potholes, not vice versa. I wouldn't drive a Corvette even if I won the lottery. I'd go for something like a Lincoln or Cadillac SUV if I had tons of money to spare. Silence and comfort is my thing... And it's not an age thing (39 ATM), I've been acting old since my early 20s. When I want a thrill, I go to a water park, snowboarding, or a rollercoaster... Somewhere where I don't put others in danger, and vice versa.

· Administrator
587 Posts
There's a Corvette battery/gas hybrid coming in 2023 and a Corvette EV in 2025.

Chevrolet hasn't released many details yet, but it has confirmed that the Corvette EV is on the way. We expect a powerful, three- or four-motor powertrain with around 1000 horsepower and standard all-wheel drive. The two-seat interior will likely carry over from the gasoline-powered Corvette.

GM President Mark Reuss confirmed today on CNBC that a Corvette EV is nigh and that it is coming soon after Chevy launches a hybrid model in 2023.

The electric Corvette will use GM's Ultium batteries and could be called E-Ray. It will come after a hybrid that's rumored to have 1000 hp.
2025 Chevrolet Corvette EV: What We Know So Far

· Registered
287 Posts
Everyone has their own likes, I have never been a Cadillac kind of guy. Although I once owned a Camaro for 2 to 3 years, I have never had a true sportscar and a Vette or a Porsche is still appealing to me, but will likely never be a possibility to own, and to be honest, you can’t ever legally drive them to their potential. We have always been a two car family, and they have always been more practical vehicles.

· Registered
287 Posts
Once again, you could never drive this car to it’s potential and I have no interest in it, but the Ioniq 5 N series car is supposed to go 0-60 in under 3 seconds and have the suspension and braking to match it’s performance. EV’s can match the performance of super cars, at least in speed.

· Administrator
587 Posts
The big takeaway here is there will be an EV in almost every market niche. It addresses the need for buyer choice. You and I don't want a sports car, but for those that do, they will have an EV option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts