Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been to both, and I vote for Vancouver. There's room in the back seat, yes? lol

I also vote for this song:
Yeah, I vote for Vancouver too. The direct drive from Quebec City, Canada to Vancouver, Canada is 3142 miles or 5055 km and should have a drive time of 48 hours in normal traffic. Make sure to bring plenty of coffee!

· Registered
5 Posts
Im going to be honest over this last year I was dead set on an ID.4 Pro. However The price has been increasing, They removed the Tow Eye off the front and back of the 2023 US built models making it harder for Tow companies to actually deal with. The Equinox is larger, wider, and better in range and the biggest its cheaper. The ID.4 now beats it in charge speed but not by much but nothing says it cant be improved over software just like the ID.4. I have actually looked at the Bolt EUV in the past. However I would definitely waid for a regular sized SUV in the Equinox especially at its price point. Im likely looking at the 2LT.

· Administrator
588 Posts
My gen 1 Chevy Volt came without a tow-eye bolt, but my 2017 Bolt EV came with one. So my guess is the Equinox EV will have one too. But until we get a lot closer to summer/fall 2023 details like that will likely remain unresolved.

· Registered
153 Posts
My Volt will be 7 years old in 2024 and frankly, I'm tired of dealing with gasoline in the winter (50 mile round trip commute) and on those occasions where I have scout meetings in the evening. I don't like the looks of the Teslas other than the Model S and I won't drive their idiotic steering yolk (or should that be joke). I enjoy driving and have been a GM guy my entire life. So yes, right now the Equinox EV 2LT is at the top of my list to replace my Volt.

Reactions: Evan1

· Registered
5 Posts
My gen 1 Chevy Volt came without a tow-eye bolt, but my 2017 Bolt EV came with one. So my guess is the Equinox EV will have one too. But until we get a lot closer to summer/fall 2023 details like that will likely remain unresolved.
The front of the Equinox EV has the cutout for the Tow eye on the front passenger side. I'm fairly certain thats what the small rectangular cutout is in the front "grill" bumper area.

· Administrator
588 Posts
The front of the Equinox EV has the cutout for the Tow eye on the front passenger side. I'm fairly certain thats what the small rectangular cutout is in the front "grill" bumper area.
My 2011 Volt does too but there's no threaded hole, just steel bumper behind the cutout. But again, the Bolt does have a tow-eye, so I think the chances are good the Equinox EV will have a tow-eye bolt in the cargo bay tray.

· Registered
153 Posts
Talked to my wife yesterday. She's on board with me trading my Volt for the Equinox EV. She actually asked me if I was talking about a gas powered Equinox as she didn't realize the Equinox EV was just around the corner time wise.

· Registered
153 Posts
Are you looking at the 2RS trim (December 2023), or another trim (spring of 2024) , obermd? I'm thinking the @LT or 3LT would fit my needs, depending on official price.
2LT. I like the features of the 3LT but at an extra $800 to $1,000 every time I replace the tires I'm not real interested. I don't like the wheels on the RS trims. I'd also go for a 1LT assuming GM doesn't take the larger battery away from it. I won't buy any EV with less than a 300 mile range. Also, I've had AWD but really don't have a need for it so FWD is sufficient for me.

Reactions: hellsop

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2LT. I like the features of the 3LT but at an extra $800 to $1,000 every time I replace the tires I'm not real interested. I don't like the wheels on the RS trims. I'd also go for a 1LT assuming GM doesn't take the larger battery away from it. I won't buy any EV with less than a 300 mile range. Also, I've had AWD but really don't have a need for it so FWD is sufficient for me.
I believe you can always purchase a tire "insurance" package.

· Registered
153 Posts
I believe you can always purchase a tire "insurance" package.
Tire insurance doesn't apply when the reason you're replacing the tires is because they've simply worn out.

· Registered
66 Posts
2LT. I like the features of the 3LT but at an extra $800 to $1,000 every time I replace the tires I'm not real interested. I don't like the wheels on the RS trims.
Same, plus I don't think I need a flat-bottom steering wheel (I'm fat, but not THAT fat) or HUD, or Bose, or really fast Level 2 or three other heated seats when I drive alone 90% of the time, or... 2LT with surround camera and ACC, and I'm good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts