Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So width of Equinox EV is 75.4 inches but that doesn't include mirrors. Can anyone tell me what the width of EV will be with mirrors added.

Also will mirrors be stationary or will they collapse in by pushing in. Thanks

·
Administrator
277 Posts
Got a narrow garage?

I expect the mirrors to manually fold. That's been standard for a long time. Both my 11 year old Volt and my 5 year old Bolt do.

Based on looking at my Volt, add about 16" to the width. I have not seen any details for the Equinox EV yet. Maybe someone else has.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep only 191 inch garage door. Wife has a 2019 Mazda 6 which is 72 inches wide. When I do the math with the Equinox EV I'm seeing about 2 1/2 feet between parked vehicles. But I was basing 4 inch extension for mirror which I know is probably too short. Wife and I are both in lates 60's and wife has a history of taking out car mirrors when backing out of garage. Also we only have one electrical outlet in garage so if I park new EV near power source, I or my wife will have to park Mazda on other side. I'm a little leery having someone get out of the Mazda with only 26 inches between car bodies. Last thing I need is to buy an over priced EV and then start getting car/door paint chips. Ugh

·
Administrator
277 Posts
It's probably an 8" extension (that's what I used). Might need to consider parking the Mazda outside. :-(

Or get a Bolt, they are narrower. And about the least expensive EV around.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doubt I'd win battle putting wife's car outside. I've never had car with back up rear view camera so don't know how accurate viewing screen is when trying to back into tight spaces. But thought just hit me - if I backed one of our cars into garage, then driver's side door (for both cars) would open toward walls allowing more room to open. Garage interior opens up once you get past garage door metal tracts. From 191' to 241" so that's a big difference. Problem is who wants to back into their own garage every day or night. Especially with other car say 2 feet away. This is becoming a Rubik Cube.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I back my truck into my garage all of the time. It makes it easy to drive out. Also backing in you have the rear camera to help and I am not sure what the Eq EV has, but my truck has all sorts of warning sensors if you get too close to something.

I am also in my second half of the 60’s.

·
Administrator
277 Posts
I've never had car with back up rear view camera so don't know how accurate viewing screen is when trying to back into tight spaces.
The Bolt's 360° birds-eye view is very good, you can see all around the car when backing up. It also beeps when getting too close to something which may annoy you in a garage. All Equinox EV trims except 1LT have HD Surround Vision.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Equinox ICE offers remote folding mirrors, yet when I view accessories for Equinoxv EV all I read is "heated side mirrors". No mention of folding.
I'm going to assume new EV will have folding mirrors but any idea which trim level will have remote control mirror folding versus manual. Nice if this feature is standard but assume you pay extra for mirror remote open/close control.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have not seen any literature on the Equinox EV regarding folding mirrora or power folding mirrors, just heated outside mirrors starting with the 2LT. In the ICE Equinox, only the top LT trim has power folding mirrors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts