Chevy Equinox EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to see if this needs to be reserved online.
I already have a $100 reservation for the Silverado EV work truck, but if its not available for me next year, then I want to change it to the Equinox.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m guessing yes, simply because it’s “the thing” car makers often do now. Might have to see how they handle the Blazer on July 18th to get an idea of how the Equinox unveil will be handled.

Either way, I’m excited for both the Equinox and Blazer EVs. Likely with reserve one or the other, depending on the range and price numbers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a Silverado reservation. I've been driving small pickups, 4 Rangers and 2 Frontiers since the mid 80's. I want an EV pickup, but I was looking at an ICE Silverado and it's just to darned big. I'm going to put in a reservation for an Equinox EV and see what it's like when it comes out. If it has enough room for what I need, I'll go with it and possibly have it sooner!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am eager to get either a Blazer EV or (preferably) Equinox EV to see if it is a reasonable replacement for our Tahoe. For our personal needs, the Tahoe is overkill and I want to see if we can achieve the benefits of a (marginally) smaller EV without modifying our driving habits.

·
Administrator
318 Posts
The reason for a reservation is to get your hands on the car sooner rather than later. But it also seems like an incentive for dealer gouging, no? I suppose you can always walk away and get you $ back if the dealer gets greedy. The price many paid for the Ford F-150 Lightning is money to burn crazy. And, cars depreciate quickly. At least they used to, some used car prices are also crazy high.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I mentioned on another thread that I was able to reserved an Eq EV at a bigger dealer. In Ontario they have to sell it for MSRP or less. No mark ups.

Like you said you can get your money back if for some reason you do not want it.

For me I will either buy an Ioniq 5 or an Equinox EV in 2024.

i am hoping that they will have an Equinox EV that you can sit in, at our Toronto Auto Show in February. I am also hoping the Eq EV will get very good, to great first drive reviews.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts